Kitchen Stories – Baking with style.
by Cashmere Wrap & Macadamia Nuts
There is something special about home made cakes and cookies. The smell of freshly baked muffins, scones or brownies is like a domestic poetry.
Winter time gives you this perfect opportunity to brighten dark days and bring some sweetness to your table. Yes, short walk to the nearest bakery could be some much easier, but it wouldn’t feel right, would it? With little help from your trusted and stylish kitchen appliances (like my new best friend Kitchen Aid Artisan Mixer – so beautiful and useful, not to mention the lovely retro design and this cream color…) you can do better than that!
The best way is to go for something quick, easy and delicious. What should that be? The “Ever So Tasty Muffins”! No matter how many times I make them, they never fail. Following this simple recipe you shall enjoy sweet delights in less than an hour. So, here we go…
Ever So Tasty Muffins
- Freshly pressed juice from 2 oranges (alternatively you can use bottled orange juice)
- 375 g. flour
- 225 g. sugar
- 2 ts. of vanilla sugar
- 4 ts. spoons of baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 12 ss. of vegetable oil
- 150 ml. of natural yoghurt
- pinch of salt
- Press juice from oranges, if necessary remove seeds.
- Mix flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, pinch of salt and baking soda in a big bowl.
- In a second bowl mix together eggs, vegetable oil, natural yoghurt and orange juice.
- Add loose products to liquids, stir well. Mixture should have a consistency of a thick liquid that you can pour into muffin forms. If dough is too solid, you can add some milk or more orange juice and stir again until consistency is right.
- Fill muffin forms up to 2/3 of their hight. Bake between 25 and 35 minutes in owen preheated to 180 C degrees.
- You can also add fresh fruits to the dough or some marmalade into every muffin form.
(Photo source: http://www.frugalfinders.com)