Kitchen Stories – Chocolate Delights.
by Cashmere Wrap & Macadamia Nuts
Life without chocolate? No, thank you! As a strong believer in a good quality chocolate, I rate the dark chocolate as one of the seven wonders. The richer the better, no limitation there!
Recently I opened a new sweet chapter called the “French Chocolate Tart”, when hosting a dinner party I decided to go chocolate all the way and prepare this very decadent dessert based on dark chocolate and cocoa. This tart tastes great and takes very little effort to prepare, so if in the need of an elegant and classy dessert, here comes the recipe.
French Chocolate Tart.
Ingredients for the tart base:
- 125 g. all purpose flour
- 2 ts. of baking cocoa
- 2 ts. of powder sugar
- pinch of salt
- 50 g. of cold butter (cut into small cubes)
- 1 egg yolk
- cold water
Ingredients for the chocolate filling:
- 200 g. of dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- 25 g. of butter
- 240 ml. of sweet cream
- 1 ss. of dark rum (optional)
Tart form 22 cm in diameter.
- Mix flour, baking cocoa, powder sugar, salt and butter in a food processor until ingredients start to crumble.
- Add egg yolk and some water, work ingredients into a dough.
- Using a rolling pin roll the dough into an oval shape in a diameter 8 cm bigger than tart form.
- Carefully place the dough into the baking form. The form should be greased with some butter. Remove an excess of dough by cutting the edges with a rolling pin.
- Place a baking paper on top of the dough and fill the tart form with beans (this will prevent the dough from raising too high during baking). Having done that, place the baking form in a fridge and cool for approximately 30 minutes.
- Heat the owen to 190 C degrees. Bake the tart bottom for 15 minutes, afterwards remove beans and baking paper, continue baking for additional 5 minutes.
- Set baked tart base aside and let it cool down while preparing chocolate filling.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and place it in a bowl, add butter (it should have the room temperature).
- Heat a cream in a saucepan until it starts to boil, be careful not to burn it.
- Pour boiling cream into the bowl with chopped chocolate and butter. Mix well, so ingredients get a consistency of a dense cream. Add dark rum.
- Pour chocolate feeling into the baked tart base. Cool for at least three hours.
- Before serving, decorate with powder sugar, fresh fruits or some grated chocolate.
(Photo source: http://www.taste.com.au)