Kitchen Stories – “Custom Made” Muesli Muffins.
by Cashmere Wrap & Macadamia Nuts
Muffins are my favorite comfort food. After eating a chocolate muffin filled with vanilla cream some comforting is needed as a reaction to an excessive calories intake… So why not stop the “guilty chocolate muffin” and switch to healthy home made muesli muffins? When it comes to ingredients, the more the merrier, so there is plenty of space for nuts, raisins, dried fruits, honey, cocoa, oats… maybe not all at once, but on the other hand… who am I to tell you what to have your muffins with?
- 150 g. of full grain muesli
- 150 g. of all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml. of milk
- 2 ss. of neutral oil
- 3 ts. of baking soda
- optional (according to season, mood, occasion…): honey, nuts, dried fruits, raisins, baking cocoa, oats, fresh fruits, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, …
- Mix loose ingredients in a bowl.
- Add liquid ingredients and stir well (or let a food processor do the job).
- Pour the dough into baking forms at 3/4 of their hight.
- Bake at 180 C degrees for about 20 minutes (baking time may vary according to muffin form size – for bigger size bake a little longer).
- Serve with whipped cream, marmalade, fresh fruits and with a smile.
(Photo source: www.taste.com.au)