Kitchen Stories. Pancake Weekend. Perfect Pancakes.
by Cashmere Wrap & Macadamia Nuts
It is hard to imagine that a person who doesn’t like pancakes walks the face of earth! Pancakes are simple to prepare, require no special ingredients and can be easy made from what is available in an average kitchen supply, not to mention how great they taste. Pancakes can be interpreted in numerous ways and served with whatever one’s fantasy dictates. Having said that, without further delays, I share my secret pancakes recipes, opening a sweet weekend!
- 225 g. of all purpose flour
- 1 ss. of baking soda
- 1 ss. of sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml. of milk
- 2 ss. of neutral oil
- Mix all ingredients, until you get a smooth creamy dough.
- Fry pancakes on a frying pan greased with some oil (if you use teflon covered pan, it is enough to grease it one time only with some extra oil, as oil added to the dough will prevent pancakes from sticking or burning). Adjust the amount of dough per pancake according to the frying pan size and pancake thickness that you like best.
- When there are bubbles visible on the surface of a pancake, flip it to the other side and fry for about a minute. In general, pancakes should be light brown – adjust the frying time to the size of a pancake and thickness of the dough.
- Serve warm with fruit preserves, fresh fruits, cream, vanilla sauce, whipped cream, maple syrup, chocolate cream, … or whatever you feel like!