Kitchen Stories. Pancake Weekend. Fizzy Crepes.
by Cashmere Wrap & Macadamia Nuts
Crepes can be served with vegetables and meat, but also with sweet additions like fruits or whipped cream.
- 2 glasses of all purpose flour (250 ml. per glass)
- 1 glass of milk
- 1 glass of sparkling mineral water (if served with vegetables or meat, mineral water can be replaced with beer)
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 1 ss. of oil (if you use teflon surface frying pan, grease it with some extra oil only once when you start to fry crepes, oil in the dough will prevent pancakes from sticking or burning)
- Mix all ingredients until you get a smooth creamy dough.
- When frying crepes, adjust the amount of dough per portion according to the frying pan size. Crepes shouldn’t be too thick, so try to avoid using too much dough per crepe.
- Serve as a meat/vegetable or sweet course.
- My favorite way to serve crepes is to fry them again on some more oil, after smearing one side with marmalade and folding it in four in order to prevent stuffing from flowing out.