Kitchen Stories. My Name is Pizza, Italian Pizza.
by Cashmere Wrap & Macadamia Nuts
All who like pizza please raise your hand. Yes, mine is also in the air, as occasional trip to my favorite italian restaurant is among my “spoil me” routines. Sure, it is not the healthiest food, but you can simply forget it, as there is no harm in it as long as it is once in a while, long while maybe. However, if all tables are booked or your budget is a little too tight, why not experiment at home and bring some Italy to your table. With this simple base recipe it will take very little time and taste very, very good. Uno, due, tre and here we go!
Ingredients for pizza dough:
- 450 g. of all purpose flour
- 1 pack of dry yeast (approximately 12 g.)
- a pinch of salt
- 200 ml. of warm water
- 3 ss. of olive oil
Ingredients for tomato sauce:
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- can of tomatoes
- salt, pepper
- olive oil
- Mix flour with dry yeast, salt and warm water. Work the dough until it is smooth.
- Add olive oil and continue to work the dough until whole oil is absorbed.
- Set the dough aside and let it rise for around 1 hour.
- In the mean time prepare tomato sauce. Chop onions and garlic cloves into small pieces, fry on olive oil for 5 minutes, add tomatoes from a can, salt and pepper. Boil until sauce thickens.
- Deal the dough into two pieces. With a rolling pin roll each of them into thin pizza bottom. On the top side smear with some olive oil, so it gets crispy.
- Distribute tomato sauce on top of each pizza.
- On the top place your favorite ingredients – mozzarella cheese, Parma ham, mushrooms, olives, anchovies, …
- Bake in an oven preheated to 250 C degrees for around 15 minutes.
- Before serving the pizza you may decorate it with fresh basil or rucola leaves.