Kitchen Stories. Nothing Like Pasta…
by Cashmere Wrap & Macadamia Nuts
… to make you day. Especially if the day was long, you are tired and cooking for hours just wouldn’t do, although a little plate of heaven is exactly what you need? Impossible? With pasta everything is possible!
Creamy Mushroom Pasta.
- Good quality italian pasta
- Fresh or frozen mushrooms (mushroom mix or just you favorite type)
- Meat (chicken breast or pork tenderloin)
- Box of heavy cream (30% fat)
- Chopped fresh dill
- Roasted pine nuts, chopped walnuts or grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper, chili powder
*** Quantities of ingredients depend on number of servings as well as personal preference. If you want the dish to be more filling, use more meat; if mushrooms should dominate, adjust the amount accordingly. In general, the most generous ingredient should be pasta, as it makes base for all other ingredients.
- Set a big casserole filled with water, add salt and bring to boil, cook pasta al dente. It is best to measure the time well and drain pasta just before finishing the sauce.
- While waiting for pasta to cook, prepare creamy sauce.
- Fry sliced meat with chopped vegetables (onion and mushrooms), spice with salt and pepper.
- When meat and vegetables are ready, reduce the heat and add heavy cream.
- Spice with chopped dill and add chili powder for extra flavor. Continue to stir, while you reduce the sauce until it becomes thick. Be careful not to overdo it, as cream can’t be boiled.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce, mix and serve with selected topping, choosing from roasted pine nuts, chopped walnuts or grated parmesan cheese.
PS. This recipe makes a great vegetarian dish if you delete meat from the list of ingredients.