Kitchen Stories. Christmas Cookies.
by Cashmere Wrap & Macadamia Nuts
December is the time to roll up your sleeves, fetch flour, butter and some sugar and.. start baking those wonderful Christmas cookies. The earlier you make them, the more delicious they are going to be, providing they will last till Christmas Eve…
- 150 g. of butter
- 250 g. of all purpose flour
- 2 ss. of baking soda
- 2 ss. of vanilla sugar
- 100 g. of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- chopped nuts and almonds
- Mix butter, flour, baking soda and vanilla sugar in a big bowl, add sugar and egg and work the dough well.
- Form the dough into a big roll (5 – 6 cm. in diameter). Cut small portions of the dough and form a cookie from each and every one of them.
- Place all cut cookies on a baking plate covered with a sheet of baking paper. Smear them with egg white and sprinkle some chopped nuts and almonds on top. If you have a particularly sweet tooth, you may substitute nuts with sugar or mix both.
- Place form in an oven preheated to 175 C degrees, bake cookies for approximately 15 minutes, until they get golden on top. Keep an eye on them, as 1 minute too long may change golden cookies into burned disaster.
*** If you feel like raising a difficulty level higher, you may roll the dough and cut shapes with Christmas cookie cutters. If you work the dough well, it is very easy and cookies look more elegant on the Christmas table.