Kitchen Stories. Berlinerkranser.
by Cashmere Wrap & Macadamia Nuts
“Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat”… but before we light the candles and watch out for the Santa Clause, there is still plenty of time for baking, and nothing makes the spirit brighter than a plate of “Berlinerkranser”.
- 1 hard boiled egg yolk
- 1 egg yolk
- 60 g. of sugar
- 125 g. of butter (in room temperature)
- 175 g. of all purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- chopped almonds
- Crush hard boiled egg yolk with a fork. Add sugar and mix well. Add butter and flour, continue to mix.
- Work the dough well. When ready, wrap in a plastic foil and place in a fridge for 1 hour.
- Separate small portions of dough, form them so each one is a roll 5mm thick and 10 cm long.
- Form cookies, by crossing both ends of a roll somewhere in the middle, so each cookie look like a small bow.
- Place cookies on a baking plate covered with a sheet of baking paper. Smear cookies with egg white and sprinkle some chopped almonds and/or sugar on top.
- Place form in an oven preheated to 190 C degrees, bake cookies for approximately 10 minutes, until they are golden on top.
The best way to store cookies is to keep them in a metal tin. Be careful, as they are very crusty and easy to break.