Kitchen Stories. Cocoa Cake.
by Cashmere Wrap & Macadamia Nuts
The recipe for Cocoa Cake “runs in my family” and is in the background of many childhood memories, which is not a coincidence, as it is so easy to make that even a busy mother of two found time for baking. Needless to say each and every time to a delightful result.
- 2 eggs
- 1 glass of sugar
- 2 ss. of cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 ts. of cinnamon
- 4 ss. of strawberry marmalade
- 1/2 of a margarine or butter stick (counting whole stick as 200 g.)
- 1 glass of milk
- 3 glasses of all purpose flour
- 1 ss. of baking soda
- Mix all ingredients together until they form a consistent dough. There is no need to follow any special order, except adding baking soda at the very end.
- Pour the dough into a baking form that was greased with butter and sprinkled with breadcrumbs.
- Bake the cake at 180 C degrees for around 45 – 50 minutes (or a little longer if needed) until a stick that you spike the cake with is clean when you remove it.
Cocoa Cake can be baked in all forms used as a base for more elaborate cakes, layered with chocolate, cream or marmalade, so this recipe should be treated as a base that even without extras is quite delicious.