French Week. Mercredi. Kitchen Stories. French Lemon Tart.
by Cashmere Wrap & Macadamia Nuts
France is well known for its superb cuisine, which combined with champagne gives a taste of real joie de vivre. And what can be more pleasing than a generous slice of a lemon tart? If you decide to chose ready made tart bottom it is easy to prepare, yet still has the ability to add an elegant touch to a dinner party or an afternoon tea.
French Lemon Tart.
- 3 lemons
- 6 eggs
- 60 g. of sugar
- 250 g. of sweet thick cream
1. Wash lemons and press the juice.
2. In a small casserole mix lemon juice and sugar.
3. Bring to boil on a low heat, stirring frequently. Let the syroup simmer for about 10 minutes and so set aside to cool down.
4. Once cold, add cream and eggs. Mix well and bring to boil on a low heat. To prevent the tart filling from burning, continue to stir all the time.
5. Boil until the lemon cream starts to get thick, it should take about 5 minutes time.
6. Once ready, set aside to cool down and when cold, pour it into tart bottom.
7. Place the tart in the fridge for about 2 hours, allowing the lemon cream to set and thicken.
8. The lemon tart should be kept in the fridge all the time and served cold.