Sharing my life with a “Well Travelled Gentleman”, I am often reduced to a Kitchen-For-One-Solution, what usually means eating out or having mozzarella and tomato salad (never get tired of it!). For me, cooking is first and foremost about people I cook for, not about the act of culinary creation, so if home alone, I rarely feel like making a proper dinner. However, I recently did feel like it, and being in a creative mood I came up with this super quick and quite nutritious dinner option. Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce you Mango Chicken.
- 500g. of chicken breast fillet
- 1 ripe mango
- generous handful of unsalted cashew nuts
- sweet chili sauce
- butter or oil for frying
- cooked jasmine rice or rice noodles to serve with
- Rinse and dry chicken fillet. Cut into small slices about 1 cm. thick. Spice with salt.
- Wash and peel mango fruit. Cut it into small cubes about 1,5 x 1,5 cm in size, removing the inedible core parts.
- Heat butter or oil on a frying pan. Fry chicken slices until they start to get browned.
- Add mango cubes and sweet chili sauce, stir frequently. Fry for 3 – 4 more minutes depending on the mango texture that you prefer – if you like it harder, remove from the heat a little bit earlier; if soft and creamy, adjust cooking time accordingly.
- Add cashew nuts, stir well and serve alongside jasmine rice or rice noodles.